SAN DIEGO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
CORREIA MIDDLE SCHOOL
TITLE I PARENT INVOLVEMENT POLICY
· In the fall, an annual meeting will be held to share with parents a description of the Title I program and its requirements.
· Correia Middle School will provide a flexible number of meetings to allow for parent involvement. These monthly meetings will be scheduled by the school in a variety of language groups. Topics covered during the meetings will include:
o Improving communication between the school and home.
o Discussing current student assessment data and student progress.
o Providing information about school and district resources for student academic improvement.
o Evaluating the effectiveness of the school’s parent involvement policy to increase parent participation in Title I activities.
o Conferencing with teachers.
o Providing training programs to help parents support and work with their children at home and at school.
o Valuing cultural diversity.
· Parental input from the parent meetings and training sessions will be shared with the School Site Council (SSC) to provide an organized, ongoing, timely way of involving parents in the planning, review and improvement of the program.
· Information regarding all parent/community meetings of interest is communicated to all parents through Principal’s Message eBlasts, and is posted at www.correiamiddle.com, as well as the Correia Calendar, for meetings held at Correia Middle School, as well as the District Advisory Council meetings held at the Harold J. Ballard Parent Center, Parent University, and throughout the district. Every attempt is made to communicate with parents in their primary language.
· During parent meetings, opportunities will be offered for the formulation of parental suggestions. Responses to their suggestions will be reviewed in a timely fashion, if possible, by the next scheduled meeting. Topics that are appropriate for SSC review/action will be placed on the agenda for the next regularly scheduled meeting by the school administration.
· Parents are notified annually of individual student assessment results by Assessment Services Department. An explanation of the information is available in several languages.