Correia Student Dress Code
The dress code is in effect 24 hours a day, whenever students are on campus, including after-school and evening events. All clothing and footwear is to be safe and appropriate for a school setting.
Pants, Shorts, and Skirts
· Pants, shorts, and skirts must be worn at the waist without sagging.
· All skirts and shorts must be appropriate for school and have approximately a 5" inseam.
· For pants and shorts with holes, holes need to be below a 5" inseam.
· Leggings, jeggings, yoga pants, etc. must be covered with a shirt or top approximately 5" below inseam.
Shirts and Tops
· Students must wear at least one shirt (not including jackets or sweaters) with shoulder straps 2” or wider.
· Shirts should be long enough to be tucked in without exposing the stomach.
· Students may not wear tube or halter tops, off-the-shoulder, backless, see-through, midriff, crop or cut-out shirts, including “muscle” undershirts, unless they are accompanied by an appropriate over or under shirt which covers all skin.
· Shirts, jackets, sweatshirts, or sweaters containing words or pictures that negatively represent any gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, natural origin, disability, or sexual orientation are prohibited.
· Shirts, jackets, sweatshirts, or sweaters that denote gang affiliation, crime, profanity, weapons, alcoholic, or illegal substances are not allowed.
· Shirts, jackets, sweatshirts, or sweaters may not be worn to cover up inappropriate clothing.
· Shoes must be safe for school. (No flip-flops, sandals, high heels, platforms, slippers, open toes, etc.)
· All shoes must have a closed toe.
Hats, Beanies, Accessories, Etc.
· Correia logo caps and beanies are permitted outside of buildings. Other caps, hats, beanies, headwear, bandanas, hoods, and sunglasses are prohibited.
· Spikes, chains, and safety pins are not allowed. This includes spiked earrings.
· Maximum width or length for earrings is 2 inches.
· Facial piercings may be 3mm or smaller studs only. No hoops.
· See-through, off the shoulder, or provocative clothing exposing cleavage, bras, the midriff or undergarments is prohibited.
· Clothing cannot be ripped, shredded, or cut.
· The physical education uniform may only be worn during physical education class for hygiene purposes.
1st Offense: Students will be sent to the office to change into loaner clothes. If loaner clothes are not available, student will call home for parent/guardian to deliver appropriate clothes to school. Inappropriate garment will be confiscated and returned to the parent/guardian.
2nd Offense: Same as first offense with lunch detention.
Additional offenses: Lunch detention will increase by one with each subsequent offense.