We would like to provide you with an update regarding the on-going school closures.
- The district continues to provide a list of enrichment activities which could be facilitated at home with independence. The content on this website has been recently updated. If you have not done so already, please take a moment to follow this link to view a list of enrichment activities: https://sites.google.com/sandi.net/sdusdinstructionalcontinuity/home. The resources are designed to engage and enrich. Basically, keeping our students' minds active during this time.
- Your student will not be graded based upon their completion of work during this phase. Student grades were frozen as of March 13, 2020. The grading of student work will resume on April 27, 2020. The San Diego Unified School District released information related to grading policies during school closure. Click this link to learn more.
- Our teachers will resume offering instruction using a "distance learning" model starting April 27th. We expect our students and parents to have a variety of questions related to distance learning. They may include:
- What will distance learning look like? Will it be online? Will students work together or independantly?
- Will my child have homework? What will it look like?
- What if my child needs help with their homework? How do they contact the teacher?
- How will my child's work be graded? What type of grade will they receive if they do not have access to a computer?
- How will attendance be taken?
- How will special education services be provided? How will accomodations be implemented?
We will provide answers to these questions during the upcoming weeks. Distance Learning is new for all of us and we are all learners in this process. Many educators may be entering into new learning as we shift to teaching students in an online setting. Please be patient if you do not hear from your teacher on day one. These are unprecedented times which require us to be innovative, and we appreciate your patience as we all rise to meet new challenges together.
Our district has developed an informational website for parents. Follow this link to view the district website. Please visit this website frequently for information related to netbook distribution, curriculum options for children, and news related to school closures.