|Based on the core beliefs, philosophies and missions identified in the foundation, the delivery system describes the activities, interactions and methods to deliver the program.|
School Counseling ServicesThe school counseling department at Clark Middle is dedicated to helping every student reach their academic, career and personal/social goals. We work vary closely with students, parents, teachers, and administrators to assure that all students have the best opportunity to be successful not only in middle school but in high school and beyond.
Guidance Curriculum – The guidance curriculum is structured developmental lessons designed to assist students in achieving the desired competencies and to provide all students with the knowledge and skills appropriate for their developmental level. The guidance curriculum is infused throughout the school’s overall curriculum and is presented systematically through K-12 classroom and group activities. (ASCA,
Individual Student Planning – School counselors coordinate ongoing systemic activities designed to assist students individually in establishing personal goals and developing future plans.
Responsive Services – The traditional role of school counselors, responsive services are activities meeting individual students’ immediate needs, usually necessitated by life events or situations and conditions in the students’ lives. These needs require counseling, consultation, referral, peer helping or information.
Systems Support – Like any organized activity, a school counseling program requires administration and management to establish, maintain and enhance the total counseling program.
Because our school counseling department uses a data driven approach to counseling each intevetnion that counselors provide is targeted based on every students individual need.
Below we illustrate some examples of these interventions following an Response to Intervention (RTI Model). All students will receive general guidance counseling services such as guidance lessons and individual planning. As students demonstrate that more is needed to help them be successful in school the counseling department together provides targeted interventions to support the student as he or she progresses through Clark Middle School.
Monroe Clark Middle School Counseling Department Intervention Process
Other Services Performed by School Counselors
- Individual student academic program planning
- Counseling students who are academically “at-risk”
- Counseling students with attendence concerns
- Counseling students who have disciplinary concerns
- Mediating conflict resolution meetings among students
- Collaborating with teachers to present guidance curriculum lessons on academic, personal/social and career domains
- Developing and implementing academic, personal/social and career focused interventions
- Interpreting student records and test scores
- Consulting with teachers in regards with classroom concerns
- Ensuring that student records are maintained as per state and federal regulations
- Assisting the school principal with identifying and resolving student issues, needs, and problems
- Facilitating small and large group counseling services
- Advocating for students at individual education plan meetings, student study teams, and school attendance review boards meetngs
- Classroom observations
- Disaggregated data analysis
- Facilitate transitions from elementary feeder school: Rosa Parks, Joiner & Hamilton