In an effort to maintain a safe and orderly campus, as well as sustain a strong focus on academic achievement, the Clark school community will follow the following Dress Code for all students. Dress code enforcement begins from the moment a student enters the campus until they leave the campus at the end of the day. The dress code applies to field trips and all other school-related activities, including participation in Prime Time activities. Students who violate the dress code will be sent to the office to change. Parents/guardians will be contacted and required to bring a change of clothing. Multiple violations will result in disciplinary action and the parent/guardian will be contacted. Adhering to the dress code is one way students show that they wish to be a part of the Clark Middle School community.
All students will dress in clothing that meets the following criterion:
- NO advertising or promoting of alcohol, drugs, tobacco products, gambling, weapons, gangs, violence or other vulgar or sexually provocative content.
- NO words or pictures that negatively represent any gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.
- NO gang-affiliated clothing, bright green, blue or red, bandanas, gloves or wallet chains.
- NO sagging pants.
- NO shorts more than 2 below the knees.
- NO shirts longer than the finger tips with arms at your sides.
- NO dresses, shorts or skirts shorter than two inches above the knee.
- NO bare midriffs, low necklines or high side seam cut shorts or skirts.
- NO tank tops, tube/strapless tops, muscle shirts or spaghetti straps. Sleeveless tops must be three inches wide at the shoulders.
- NO overly tight or too loose fitting clothes.
- NO sport jerseys, shirts or jackets.
- NO sunglasses.
- NO hats or anything worn on the head except for religious/cultural reasons.
- NO big hoop earrings, no spike earrings, studded bracelets or necklaces or other potentially dangerous jewelry items.
- NO belts longer than 3 past buckle and they must have plain buckles (no insignia), no spikes,no suspenders.
- NO open-toe, open heel, high heel, flip flops or slippers.
- NO shoe lace colors except white, black, brown or tan colored laces.
- NO rubber bands around pant legs.
- NO items that are not school-related and may distract from the learning environment.
- NO graffiti, writing, or drawings on backpacks (we have loaners).
- NO writing on the body (sent to nurse to wash).
- No Hoods may not be worn inside the rooms or in the hallways.
CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATION
Student must change clothing plus:
- Warning/Documentation (log in Deans Office)
- Parent Conference
- Wednesday School
- Campus Beautification/Saturday School