All students and staff are expected to uphold high standards of conduct and appearance. Clothing should be suitable and comfortable for normal school activities and should reflect the respect, pride and standards of the student"s home and community. A pupil’s clothes and appearance should not be of such extreme that it draws undue attention to the pupil nor should his/her clothing and appearance distract or interfere with the teaching and learning in the classroom.
General clothing standards for all children require that shoes must be worn at all times and should be worn with appropriate socks or stockings.
The following items are not allowed to be worn at school:
- Open-toed sandals, flip flops, slippers, high heel shoes and heelies
- Bare midriff tops, blouses, shirts or tops, mini shorts / skirts / skorts, and pajamas
- Strapless shirts, tops that completely bare shoulders, halter tops, blouses or tops with straps smaller than one inch wide, i.e. "spaghetti" straps
- T-shirts/tops with imprinted suggestive words or pictures
- Pants worn below waist level
- Dangling, hoop type, or other large earrings
- Excessive amounts of jewelry
- Hairstyles or excessive make-up that is a distraction to learning
The principal may approve exceptions to the dress code for unusual situations or for specific events, such as spirit days.