Chávez Elem. has a uniforms required policy. Check with the office regarding the dress code. All students and staff are expected to uphold high standards of conduct and appearance. Clothing should be suitable and comfortable for normal school activities and should reflect the respect, pride and standards of the student"s home and community.
General clothing standards for all children require that shoes must be worn at all times and should be worn with appropriate socks or stockings.
The following items are not allowed to be worn at school:
- Open-toed sandals, flip flops, slippers, high heel shoes and healies
- Bare midriff tops, blouses, shirts or tops, mini shorts / skirts / skorts, and pajamas
- Blouses or tops with straps smaller than one inch wide
- T-shirts with imprinted suggestive words or pictures
- Pants worn below waist level
- Hats worn inside buildings
- Dangling or large earrings
- Excessive amounts of jewelry
- Hairstyles or excessive make-up that is a distraction to learning
Many of the above items can be hazardous when running and jumping on the blacktop and dirt playground.
The principal may approve exceptions to the dress code for unusual situations or for specific events, such as spirit days.