The current Challenger families and the families of our incoming students are invited to attend Challenger's Spring Open House on Thursday, April 25. Festivities begin at 5:00 PM with entertainment and eats in the Shuttle Court. The 8th Grade Leadership Club will be serving up a pizza dinner as a fundraiser and the PTO is bringing in a food truck from Born in Brooklyn. For dessert, ASB will be hosting a free Ice Cream Social. Our Jazz Band will be playing a wide range of songs with breaks provided by the Challenger Dance Team and the Filipino Club.
New this year! We are holding a variety of presentations during three different time periods - 5:30 PM, 6:00 PM, and 6:30 PM. Select and attend sessions on the topics of your choice!
- Poetry Wall
- Mindfulness: Breathing & Moving
- Math Pathways & Resources
- 6th Grade Math: Meet & Greet
- Math Activities
- Book Tasting: Get a Start on Summer Reading
- Pickleball: Family Fun
- Student Folktales, Models of Islamic Acheivements and Models of Medieval Life
- Civil War Video Presentation
- English Learner Meet & Greet
- What’s the Difference: Transitioning to 6th Grade
- Transitioning to 7th Grade
- Transitioning to 8th Grade & Preparing for High School
- Visit the Genius Lab: Learn about Gateway to Technology & MESA
- Gardening, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, Produce Sale
- Band & Orchestra: Meet & Greet
- Special Education, Mild/Moderate: Meet & Greet
- Special Education, Moderate/Severe Program: Meet & Greet
- 6th Grade English: Meet & Greet
- Snapchat, Fortnight, & Juul: Understanding Addictions in Teens
- How to Play the Ukulele in 20 minutes or Less: 4 Fingers, 4 Frets and Another Hand to Strum aka If There Was Another 10 minutes, We Could Sound Really Good!
- Learn How to Recognize Signs When Your Child Needs Support
The library will be hosting a Scholastic Book Fair from 5:00-7:00 PM.