Help Us Be a Good Neighbor
- Please do not park in front of someone's driveway. It is illegal and could cause a problem when someone needs to leave their home.
- Please do not honk your horn.
- Please respect other people's property.
- Please save bottles and trash to throw away in proper receptacles.
Traffic Safety Tips
- Be patient and courteous.
- Students must be dropped off and picked up at the curb.
- U-turns are illegal in front of the school.
- Students and parents must use the crosswalk or cross at the light.
- Please follow the directions of the crossing guard.
- It is illegal to drive on the wrong side of the street. Please instruct your student to cross the street to meet you at the correct side of the street.
- Allow extra time for traffic congestion, especially during inclement weather.
Ways to Reduce Traffic Congestion
- Arrange a drop off/pick up point that is 2-3 blocks from the school and out of the major traffic routes.
- Create a carpool.
- Students can walk or ride a bicycle. Studies show that childhood obesity is on the rise. What a great way to get some extra exercise! (And save some gas money.)
- Walking to School - Students should pay attention to their surroundings and traffic. Wear only one earbud/headphone in order to hear and look up from your phone.
- Bicycling to School - California State Law says that students must wear a helmet. Students also need a chain and lock to secure their bikes in the bike rack.
- Drop off early - Students can arrive as early as 6:45 AM to wait in the Shuttle Court.