8th graders who purchase a ticket and meet the 8th Grade Participation Criteria will be able to attend the boat cruise.
Challenger's 8th Grade Leadership Club has arranged an "Evening Under the Stars", a special dance only for 8th grade students to celebrate their time at the school. With the help of a professional DJ and lighting company, the Shuttle Court will be transformed into a place where lasting memories will be made. Students will enjoy dancing, hamming it up at the photo booth, and socializing with friends. A taco truck will be on hand serving unlimited beef and chicken tacos, quesadillas, and all the trimmings.
Date: Friday, June 7, 2019
Time: 6:00-7:00 PM - Check-in at the Shuttle Court - No one is allowed in after 7:00 PM. No refunds if you miss the dance.
6:30-9:30 PM - Dance - Parents are asked pick up their students promptly since there will be no supervision after 9:45 PM.
Student Dress Code:
- Challenger Dress Code will apply
- We recommend dressy casual clothing, but students will not be excluded unless clothing does not meet Challenger's Dress Code.
- Students should bring a light jacket or sweater since there might be light breeze.
ID Card: Students will need an ID card to purchase a ticket and check-in at the dance. Replacements are available at the Financial Office if student has lost his/her ID card.
Cost: $15.00 April 8-April 24 (Early Bird Special)
$20.00 April 25-May 21
- Students need money, ID card, and a signed permission slip to purchase a ticket.
- Students need to make sure they are eligible before purchasing a ticket.
- Students are required to maintain eligibility throughout the school year.
- Last day to purchase a ticket with a check - May 10, 2019
- Last day to purchase a ticket with cash - May 21, 2019
Permission Slips: Must have signed permission slip in order to purchase a ticket. Extra forms are available at the Financial Office.
School Attendance: Students must attend a entire day of school on the day of the dance.
Chaperones: Only Challenger staff will be chaperones.
Personal Belongings: Students should bring NO belongings other than an ID card and a sweater/jacket. Cameras, money and other personal belongings are not allowed. It is not necessary for your student to bring a cell phone, however, if you want your student to have a cell phone, he/she will to leave it at the check-in table where it will be held until the dance ends.
Please contact the student's counselor if the student is having financial difficulty and needs assistance with school items.