Challenger Middle School has teamed up with LPL Financial Corporation through the Big Brother, Big Sister as part of the Beyond School Walls Program. There are a few opening for 6th and 7th grade students (Littles) to part of the program this year. If you would like your student to participate, please contact Mrs. An Vo, the Big Brother, Big Sister liasion at email@example.com or 858-302-3000, extension 3033. You may also contact your student's counselor for assistance.
• The Beyond School Walls Program is a one-to-one youth mentoring program matching volunteer LPL Financial Corporation employees (Bigs) with Challenger students (Littles)
• Students from Challenger Middle School who are matched with Volunteer Big Brothers or Big Sisters will be transported to LPL Financial Corporation (near Westfield UTC Shopping Center) once a month after school to meet with their Big Brother or Big Sister from 2:00-4:30 PM.
• The goal is to provide children from Challenger Middle School with an additional caring and positive adult friend and role model.
• Volunteers spend time with the child they are mentoring by helping them with homework, playing games, exposing them to the corporate world, and otherwise acting as a friend.
• BBBS will provide round trip transportationby bus.