Challenger Middle School students are expected to dress for sucess. In order to promote the pursuit of excellence and develop responsible citizens of good behavior, the following codes for dress are required for all students and are not negotiable.
Pants, shorts and skirts
• Worn at the waist, no sagging, no underwear showing - may be required to wear zip-tie if sagging
• Not skin tight
• Shorts, skirts, dresses may NOT be above the tip of the fingertip when your arm is straight down at your side
• Visible straps must be greater than two inches wide
• No low cut tops, no exposed cleavage, no low cut armholes
• No tummy exposed when arms are raised
• No off the shoulder or provocative clothing exposing bra, cleavage, midriff, or back
• Cannot depict any profanity, weapons, violence, gang-related, drugs, alcohol, tobacco, sexual act or be offensive to any gender, ethnicity, or faith
• Must be closed toe and have a closed back
• No slippers
• Heels cannot exceed two inches
Hats and hoods
• Sun-protective hats are allowed when students are outdoors. Hats must removed when entering a building and must not distract from instruction.
• Hats are defined as a baseball-style cap or a hat with a rim all the way around. Caps with visors must be worn facing forward to protect the face.
• Hats cannot depict any profanity, weapons, violence, gang-related, drugs, alochol, tobacco, sexual act or be offensive to any gener, ethnicity, or faith.
• The school assumes no responsibility for loss or theft of student hats.
• Must be appropriate for school and not pose a safety issue
• Cannot depict any profanity, violence, drugs, alcohol, tobacco, sexual act or be offensive to any gender, ethnicity, or faith
• Any clothing, accessories, or colors that are associated with gangs are prohibited; this includes wallet chains, bandannas, hairnets, excessive jewelry, etc.
• Sunglasses are not to be worn unless prescribed by a doctor
• Trench coats are prohibited
• Writing on the body is not allowed
THE FOLLOWING CONSEQUENCES WILL BE GIVEN:
Students who violate dress code will be issued a dress code ticket and sent to the Principal's Secretary in the Main Office to sign in. Inappropriate clothing will be confiscated by Health Office staff, tagged, and returned at the end of the day. All unclaimed items will be donated to charity (2-3 times per school year).
- 1st offense: Student will make a phone call home and change into loaner clothes.
- 2nd offense: Student will change into loaner clothes, Administrator will contact parent and assign an After School Detention (30 minutes)
- 3rd offense: Student will change into loaner clothes, Administrator will contact parent and assign a Friday School - After School Detention (60 minutes)
- Additional offenses will be viewed as defiance and may result in suspension.