Challenger Middle School students are expected to dress for success. In an effort to develop considerate, responsible citizens, the following dress code is required for all students and is not negotiable. Clothing and jewelry cannot depict any profanity, weapons, violence, gang- related, drugs, alcohol, tobacco, sexual act or be offensive to any gender, ethnicity, or faith. The school assumes no responsibility for loss or theft of clothing or jewelry.
Pants, Shorts, Skirts, Dresses
• Worn at the waist, no underwear showing
• Ripped jeans with holes above the mid-thigh are not allowed.
• Shorts, skirts, dresses, ripped jeans must cover mid-thigh and above
• No strapless tops
• No exposed chest or midriff
• No shirts with low cut armholes
• No off the shoulder clothing that exposes undergarments
• Must be closed-toe and have a closed back
• No slippers
• Heel of shoe cannot exceed two inches
Hats, Beanies, and Hoods
• Hats, beanies and hoods must be removed when entering a building and must not distract from instruction.
• Hats with visors must be worn facing forward to protect the face.
• Must be appropriate for school and not pose a safety issue
• Any clothing, accessories, or colors that are associated with gangs are prohibited; this includes wallet chains, bandanas, hairnets, excessive jewelry, etc.
• Sunglasses are not to be worn indoors unless prescribed by a doctor
• No pajamas (with the exception of pajama day during spirit week)
First offense – Student will make phone call home and change into loaner clothes
Second offense – Student will change into loaner clothes, Administrator will contact parent and assign an after-school detention for 30 minutes
Third offense – Student will change into loaner clothes, Administrator will contact parent and assign a Friday school detention for 60 minutes
Additional Offenses will be viewed as defiance and may result in suspension.