Students at Carson STEAM Elementary have a unique oppotunity to take their laptops to and from school. San Diego Unified's LOGO Program puts your students on the pathway to extended learning opportunities. LOGO stands for Learning on the GO, which means learning anytime, anywhere.
Family & Community Outreach
At the start of the program each year, Carson will schedule family informational meetings so that families can learn more about the program, committments, and how to best support your child at home.
- Parent meetings will be offered several times in the evening as well as during the school day leading up to our projected take home date. For the 2017-2018 school year, our take home date was December 11th, 2018.
- Meetings will be lead by site administration so that families have an opportunity to learn about the program and ask questions.
Parent LOGO Presentations
- English Video
- Spanish Video
After viewing the video, please request a user agreement to sign. You may do this by stopping in the office to sign an agreement or emailing email@example.com for a copy.
Provide information to parents about low-cost options available for home internet connectivity (Home WiFi).
- Cox Connect2Compete (pdf Flyer) This program is offered to families who live within the areas serviced by Cox Communications. It offers families high speed internet connection for $9.95/mo. Families with K-12 children who live in Public Housing, as well as K-12 families who receive Tenant-Based Vouchers, Project-Based Vouchers or Section 8 Project-Based Rental Assistance (PBRA) are eligible for Cox’s Connect2Compete discounted internet service offer.
- Access from AT&T(website) Access from AT&T is a program to provide low-cost home Internet service to qualifying households with at least 1 resident who participates in the U.S. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) with an address in AT&T's service area at a cost of $10/month.
- Time Warner Internet Essentials (Comcast) Internet Essentials from Comcast offers low-cost Internet service, discounted computer equipment and free digital literacy training to families with at least one child eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program.
Free Wifi Hotspots: