SAN DIEGO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
Carson Elementary School
Carson Elementary School and the parents of the students participating in all activities, services, and programs funded by Title I, part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), agree that this compact outlines how the parents, the entire school staff, and the students will share responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve California’s high standards. This Home/School Compact is in effect during school year 2015 - 2016.
Carson Elementary School will:
1. Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables participating children to meet California’s student academic achievement standards as follows:
Ensuring that all Carson Teachers base daily lesson plans and instruction on the California State Standards and adjust these teaching methods to meet individual student needs to the greatest extent possible.
2. Hold formal parent-teacher conferences at least twice annually during which this compact will be discussed as it relates to the individual child’s achievement.
Formal Parent-Teacher conferences are scheduled for November 16 - 20 and March 21 – 25.
3. Provide parents with frequent reports on their child’s progress.
Carson teachers will send home written notes or make phone calls to parents on a regular basis so that parents are apprised of their child’s successes and areas for improvement.
4. Provide parents reasonable access to staff.
Carson staff members are available to parents and community throughout the day. Office staff can assist parents/community members from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday through Friday. Carson Administration is also available at these times or by appointment. Teachers are available 7:30am-7:45 am and 2:15 – 2:30 pm daily. All parents and community members are invited to make an appointment with Carson teachers if other times are needed.
5. Provide parents opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s classroom, and to observe classroom activities, as follows:
Carson parents are always welcome to support their child’s education by volunteering, chaperoning or assisting the teacher as appropriate. Parents are encouraged to meet with their child’s teacher to schedule volunteer opportunities or to observe classroom activities.
We, as parents, will support our child’s learning by:
• Monitoring attendance.
• Making sure that homework is completed.
• Monitoring amount of television my child watches.
• Volunteering in my child’s classroom whenever possible
• Participating, as appropriate, in decisions relating to my child’s education.
• Promoting positive use of my child’s extracurricular time.
• Staying informed about my child’s education and communicating with the school by promptly
reading all notices from the school or the school district either received by my child or by mail
and responding, as appropriate.
• Serving, to the extent possible, on advisory groups, such as the School Site Council,
the District Advisory Council for Compensatory Education, the English Learner Advisory
Committee, or other school advisory groups.
(as appropriate to grade level)
We, as students, will share the responsibility to improve our academic achievement and achieve California’s high standards.
1. Complete my work at school and ask for clarification when I need it.
2. Do my homework every day and ask for help when I need it.
3. Read at least 30 minutes every day outside of school time.
4. Give to my parents or the adult who is responsible for my welfare all notices and information received by me from the school.