At Alice Birney Elementary, we discourage the purchase of unique supplies for school, preferring that parents take the time to set up a special place for their child to study and do homework with all those special shiny things at home to motivate their child! We find when students bring unusual items to school, other students may be tempted by them. If parents would like to donate to the “Supply Pool”, the following is a list of supplies we can ALL use EVERYDAY, without worrying that your neighbor has better stuff than you!
- Black and White wide-ruled composition books
- Elmer’s glue-sticks
- Ticonderoga #2 pencils
- Standard-ruled and wide-ruled 3-hole punched paper
- Manila letter-sized file folders
- Copy paper, white and colored
- Puff brand Kleenex
- 2-pocket plain colored folders for K-2 homework (over 24 same color if possible)
- Crayola brand colored pencils
- Blue and black felt-tip pens, medium point
- Clorox wipes
- 11/2 inch 3-ring white or black binders
- Post-it brand "stickies"