School attendance is vital to your childs learning experience. In the event your child will be absent, please call or email the school clerk between 8:00 a.m - 10:00 a.m. If it is not reported by 10:30 a.m. you will receive an automated reminder call.
School Phone Number: (858) 488-0537 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In your message, please include the following:
• Student Name
• Date of Absence
• Reason for absence (cold, flu, fever, etc.)
If these items are missing, it will remain unexcused.
● The law requires us to document the reason for every student absence; therefore, an automated call will be made to the homes of those students whose parents/guardians have not called regarding the child’s absence.
● In accordance with the Education Code (48200, 48260(a), 48260.5), a series of official district truancy letters are mailed to parents and reported to the state in cases of excessive unexcused absences and/or arriving late or being taken out of school early.
● Please note that truancy letters are sent home for a combination of unexcused absences, late arrivals, and/or leaving school early.
● When absences impact the student’s achievement and/or ability to function well in his/her classroom, the counselor and/or principal will meet with the student, his/her parents, and his/her teacher to devise a plan for attending school consistently. The plan will be monitored to ensure success.