Student Arrival and Dismissal
- Parents should ensure students are following a safe route to school.
- No student should arrive prior to 7:00 A.M. This is to help ensure student safety as there is minimal adult supervision on campus prior to 7:00 A.M. (With the sole exception of “PrimeTime” students who begin at 6:15 A.M.).
- Middle level students should arrive on campus no later than 7:15 A.M. and Elementary level students should arrive no later than 7:40 A.M.
- Upon arrival on campus, all students should gather in the lunch harbor until they are escorted to the blacktop to line up for class.
- 6th – 8th grade students who arrive after 7:15 A.M. and K-5th grade students who arrive after 7:40 A.M. are late to school and must come to Bethune’s main office to receive a tardy slip. Students who arrive late to school will not be admitted to class without a tardy slip.
- Once students have arrived on campus, they are not to leave until dismissal.
- Prior to dismissal parents can wait for their children at the school’s main gate located next to the main office; in order to maintain campus security and to help ensure student safety, the gates to the bus dock on Benjamin Holt Road will remain closed at all times except when busses are loading and unloading.
- Please designate a meeting place for siblings.
- For their safety, and in accordance with CA Ed Code, students should be picked up no later than 30 minutes after dismissal.
- Students need to have clear directions from parents regarding after school plans.