|Set up Paper || |
- Write name, class, date in right hand corner.
- Write title of notes in center.
- Location of resource in left-hand corner.
|Take Notes || |
- Write facts, details, explanations, definitions, etc.
- Do not worry about spelling.
- Use abbreviations, pictures, drawings, graphs, or pictographs.
- Skip a line to separate important pieces of information.
- Use dots, dashes, numbers, letters, etc., as needed.
- Use color to differentiate, provide focus, or highlight key concepts.
|After Class || |
- As homework, reread your notes.
- Make additions, deletions, or clarifications.
- Highlight or underline important points.
- Identify the main ideas, and add questions, symbols, or pictures to complete the notes.
- • Rewrite notes for neatness and readability if necessary
|Review Notes || |
- Review notes regularly: after class, weekly, and before an assessment.
- Cover the notes. Either rewrite the notes from memory or review ALOUD.
- REFLECT: Summarize the notes; relate the subject to yourself and your personal experience.
- Work with a Study Buddy whenever possible.