Our Campus and Facilities
Our school was originally built in 1924, and our new modern campus started with a new building built in 1973. The campus has been expanded and enhanced many times since. The school is well maintained, while its many beautiful murals and student artwork give our school a pleasing appearance. Students feel proud of their school and contribute to its cleanliness.
Providing safe and well-maintained schools is a top priority for the school district. To ensure that all classrooms and facilities are maintained in a manner that supports instruction, a scheduled maintenance program is administered by the district.
To further support learning, a variety of tutoring areas, such as tables with umbrellas and resource rooms are available. A literacy garden, which adjoins the counseling center, supports students who choose to read during recess.
Teachers have access to a centralized workroom, reading resource room, staff-development room, a multi-purpose media room, and a room for adaptive physical education.
Improvements are underway with funding from Proposition S. Improvements include state-of-the art wiring for technology.
The school's location is convenient to the Interstates 5 and 805 and National Avenue.