May 22, 2015
Dear Students and Parents,
This is your final project for the year. During Health, we have been discussing different families, your role in your family, ways to communicate, values, rituals, changes, ways to cope with changes, resolving conflicts, and responsibilities.
Your final project is to work on something for you and/or your family. You are going to think of something that will either help improve yourself, your family, or both.
Here are some examples:
- Plan some ways that you could be more helpful to your family
- Make a chore chart for your whole family
- List some ideas of things to do when you and your siblings get into a fight (i.e. walk away, count to ten, talk calmly)
- Ways to help your family make choices (i.e. what to pick for take-out dinner)
- List your family values for everyone to follow
- Make up some family rituals to promote more family togetherness
- Make a plan to help you get through family changes