Thefollowing are specific exceptions to the prohibition on fees, charges anddeposits at the kindergarten through 12th grade level. These fees, charges anddeposits are legally permissible because they are specifically permitted bylaw.
1) Charges for optionalattendance as a spectator at a school or District sponsored activity.
2) Charges for food servedto students, subject to free and reduced price meal program eligibility and otherrestrictions specified in law.
3) Paying the replacementcost for District books or supplies loaned to a student that the student failsto return or that is willfully cut, defaced or otherwise injured, up to anamount not to exceed $10,000.
4) Fees for field trips andexcursions in connection with courses of instruction or school related social,educational, cultural, athletic, or school band activities, as long as nostudent is prevented from making the field trip or excursion because of lack ofsufficient funds.
5) Medical or hospitalinsurance for field trips that is made available by the school district.
6) Charges for requiredmedical and accident insurance for athletic team members, so long as there is awaiver for financial hardship.
7) Charges for standardizedphysical education attire of a particular color and design, but the school maynot mandate that the attire be purchased from the school and no physicaleducation grade of a student may be impacted based on the failure to wear standardizedapparel