Safety is Our No. 1 Priority
Campus safety is the district's top priority. Teachers, support staff, school police services and community organizations work together to prevent, prepare and respond to emergency situations.
To ensure safety and security:
- Each school's staff review and update an individual Safe School Plan, a state-mandated emergency response plan.
- School staff participate in regular emergency preparedness and response training.
- Substance abuse prevention programs are presented to students regularly.
- All students learn about gun safety through the Day of National Concern.
- School Police officers train regularly to respond effectively to any situation.