Formal agreements between San Diego county school districts and San Diego Unified School District allow for the transfer of one or more students between districts. An Interdistrict Attendance Permit may be approved into or out of the district for specific reasons only. Information regarding the specific reasons may be obtained from the Enrollment Options Office.

To enroll in a San Diego Unified school for school year 2018-19, please apply before November 13, 2017 at Once you are offered enrollment at a school the Interdistrict Attendance Permit will need to be completed.

Approval of an Interdistrict Attendance Permit does not guarantee enrollment in a particular school. Once admitted into a school, an interdistrict student is generally allowed to continue at that school to the highest grade level.

You will need to complete and submit the San Diego County Office of Education's Application for Interdistrict Attendance Permit Form 341:


This is a new "fillable" pdf form:  you may type directly on the form, print it out, sign it, and submit to the district of residence.   You may also print out the blank form and fill in the information by hand.

Rounded Rectangle: Solicitud de Permiso para Asistencia Interdistrital
(Forma 341)

Note: Submit the completed application to the district of residence—not to a school site.

If you are seeking an interdistrict attendance permit due to child care needs, you will need to complete a Declaration of Child Care and submit it, along with the Interdistrict Attendance Application, to the Neighborhood Schools and Enrollment Options office.

Declaración de Cuidado Infantil


Pupils enrolled in SDUSD via Choice and Interdistrict Attendance Permit must maintain good attendance, grades, and conduct.  Concerns in these areas will result in the permit being revoked, and there is no process for appeal of revocation.  For detailed information on San Diego Unified's interdistrict transfer policies, please refer to Administrative Procedure 6126: Interdistrict Attendance Permits. You may also contact the Neighborhood Schools and Enrollment Options office.