The Labor Relations team works with all staff, at all levels throughout the organization, assisting with collective bargaining issues. The team represents the district in the collective bargaining process with employee bargaining units. Labor Relations assists administrators and managers with interpreting the contracts and proactively educates administrative staff about all aspects of employment related contract compliance. Labor Relations works collaboratively with Human Resources (HR), Finance, Academics and other departments as needed to inform and resolve issues.
The primary functions of the Labor Relations Division are to:
- Represent the district in the collective bargaining process with employee bargaining units, and interpret and administer negotiated contracts.
- Process formal employee grievances.
- Educate administrative staff about all aspects of employment-related contract compliance.
- Manage certificated employee appeals to letters of reprimand or suspensions.
- Administer tuition reimbursement for relevant contracts.
Employee bargaining units the district works with are:
- San Diego Educators Association (SDEA)
- Administrators Association of San Diego (AASD Certificated & AASD Classified)
- CSEA* Chapter 724 Operations-Support Services (OSS)
- CSEA* Chapter 788 Office-Technical and Business Services (OTBS)
- CSEA* Chapter 759 Paraeducators (PARA)
- Police Officers Assocation (POA)
- Confidentials (not a bargaining unit but group of employees with an MOU)
Labor Relations Division
4100 Normal Street, Room 2101
San Diego, CA 92103-2682