Enrollment of students with J-1 visa: An international exchange student who comes to the United States for a long-term visit with a J-1 visa may register to attend school in the district only through a recognized international exchange program. (See organization listing online at https://oag.ca.gov/exchangestudents/registry-list).

An international exchange organization seeking to enroll students in the district must submit a request with all required information to the by May 1 for students planning to begin school during first semester the following fall or by October 1 for students planning to begin school in second semester the following spring.

For additional information, see District Procedure 6130.
San Diego Unified School District
4100 Normal Street
San Diego, CA  92103